With the announcement that we will be removing the legacy document viewer from March 2021, please find steps on how to enable this feature.
Audience : NetDocuments Cabinet Administrators.
Issue : NetDocuments is using the legacy viewer and you wish to test the new Smartview.
Cause: Legacy viewer is the default option for document viewing until March 2021 when the legacy viewer will be removed from the service.
- NOTE: Cabinet Administration rights are required.
Please consider when you make this change as changing the setting whilst users are logged in may result in them also needing to log out to preview documents.
- Log on to your NetDocuments service as a Cabinet Administrator
- Click Hi, Your Name and select Admin (if you have access to more than one repository choose it from the pop out menu )
- The cabinet view is displayed, select the cabinet you wish to enable Smartview for.
- Scroll to the 'Other' section at the bottom of the page.
- Select Previewer: 'SmartView' using the radio button.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page
- You are returned to the cabinet admin page.
Repeat the steps for all cabinets you wish to make the change for.
- Log out of NetDocuments.
- Log back in and test the change, you can start by viewing a document in the cabinet you enabled.
Information on how to use the new viewer here.
Submit a request via our support site or call the closest customer support center:
- US customers, call 801-226-6882 or 866-NET DOCS (638-3627)
- UK/EU customers, call +44 2031 299324
- AU customers, call +61 2 8310 4319
When reporting an issue, please provide as much information as possible including:
- A fully detailed description of the issue, including exact error messages or screenshots.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue.
- Error logs, if any.
We thank you for all of your input and feedback, and we appreciate you using NetDocuments and associated product features. We value you as a customer.