SetBuilder is an add-in feature to NetDocuments that streamlines the process of gathering and organizing a Set of documents. After you create a Set, it will combine all the documents into a single PDF file, ready for digital distribution.
Follow the SetBuilder section to be aware of upcoming updates.
|7 Aug 2020
- Added the option to automatically add Page Numbers to the PDF binder after binder creation
- Added hyperlinks to the Index Page in the PDF binder after binder creation
- Added extensions to the names of documents that could not be included in the binder in the Binder Generation Issues dialog box (except for documents that you have no access to)
- Fixed a bug where you could not get binders list in the Binders dialog box caused by lack of the user access rights to the Binders folder
- Fixed a bug where binder generation failed and you had no error message with an explanation of what caused that failure
|29 May 2020
- Added the option to generate a ZIP binder. Now, you can generate a binder as a .pdf or .zip file.
- Added local format for dates
- You can now drag the Add Documents icon to a specific location in the Set.
- If you are trying to clone a Set to another workspace where the Sets tab is not yet enabled, the following message appears: To enable the Sets tab, go to the selected workspace. From there, try to access the 'Customize Workspace' action and enable the Sets tab manually. However, you may not have sufficient rights to do that. If that is the case, please contact your NetDocuments administrator for assistance.
- Fixed a bug related to Binders deletion after Set is deleted.
- Fixed a bug with the .eml documents when those files were not selecting in the Select Documents from the Workspace dialog box.
- Fixed a bug with numbering caused by display settings.
|10 Apr 2020
- Added the option to select one or more existing documents in the workspace to include in a Set, without duplicating those documents. Those documents will continue to reside in their current location and may also be added to the folder for the Set, if the user as sufficient access rights to that folder.
- Added the ability to download one or more documents in a Set, from either View or Edit modes. When multiple documents are selected to be downloaded, the user will be given the option to prepend index numbers to the names of the downloaded documents. Multiple documents will be downloaded as a ZIP file.
- When replacing a document using any method (Replace Document, drag and drop a local document onto a Set document, Convert to Header or Convert to Placeholder), the user will be given the option to retain the existing document instead of having it deleted. In the case of replacing a document with another, the user will be given the option to alternatively create a new version of the existing document.
- When selecting one or more documents to be deleted from the Set, the user will be given the option to either delete those documents (the current behavior) or instead to simply remove those documents from the Set but not delete those documents.
- When selecting a parent item to be deleted, all child/descendant items must also be selected, or the parent item cannot be deleted.
- The status of a Set can no longer be changed in View mode.
- The bulk Convert to Placeholders and Convert to Headers actions have been removed. The same actions can still be performed one item at a time.
- Fixed a bug related to how non-Latin characters appear in the bookmarks of the generated PDF binder.
|01 Apr 2020
- Fixed a bug the impacted the ability to access SetBuilder from certain browsers and certain operating systems, which might cause the Sets tab to be empty or the authorization message to refresh.
|04 Mar 2020
- Added the ability to select and copy multiple existing documents from the same workspace into a Set. After the selected documents have been copied, the user will be given the opportunity to select additional documents to copy.
- When a Set is deleted, the user will be given the option to delete all of the documents referenced in the Set or to simply delete the Set index but leave its documents intact.
- When new documents are added to a Set, those documents will also be added to the user's Recent Documents list.
- The information shown when another user is viewing or editing a Set at the same time has been tweaked.
- Fixed a bug that permitted a Set with the same name as another Set in the same workspace to be created.
- Fixed a bug where a user could not clone a Set that referenced a document the user did not have access to.
|17 Jan 2020
- The content of Saved Searches and CollabSpaces can now be accessed from the Copy a Document dialog
- Tweaked the language in several confirmation dialogs
- Fixed an issue related to deleting multiple child items
- Fixed an issue related to deleting a Set
|26 Dec 2019
- A Set can be cloned to another workspace. Note that the Sets tab must first be enabled in the other workspace. If the Sets tab has not enabled there, the user will be asked to enable it.
- When content (folders and/or documents) is added from the user's computer, the content will be added folders first, then documents, and within each grouping the contents will be added in alphabetical order.
- When a zero-byte file is added from the user's computer and it is automatically turned into a placeholder, the message has been changed to say: "Empty document replaced with placeholder".
- Fixed a bug to allow new sets to be created when a user has view-only rights to the workspace.
- Fixed a bug related to the mis-numbering of documents when adding zero-byte files.
|25 Nov 2019
- If any issues are encountered with specific Set documents while generating a binder, the documents at issue will be identified (along with the type of issue) but the binder will still be generated. In the generated binder, each of the documents at issue will be replaced with a placeholder.
- Additional vertical space on the Set page has been gained by putting the following elements on the same horizontal line: the "<Back" button, the Set name (and menu), the update date/audit trail information, and the status indicator.
- Any eyeball will appear next to the name of a Set if another user is viewing the same Set at the same time.
- Any blank (zero-byte) documents added to a Set from the user's computer will be replaced with placeholders.