You open a pdf in Chrome and it will auto check-out. When you close the pdf it doesn't auto check-in and when you go back to Chrome the pdf shows as checked-out. This only affects pdfs in Chrome—other types of files (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) will auto-check in when closed.
Reset the pdf Protocol In Chrome
The protocol in Chrome that hands the pdf to ndOffice is broken and needs to be reset. To reset it, do the following:
- Go to your NetDocuments home page
- Open the Chrome Developer Tools (press F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I)
- Select "Application" on the header and then expand "Local Storage" under the "Storage" heading on the navigation bar on the left
- Delete the Key for "checkedForNdOffice" and "checkedForNdOfficeHandoffs"
- Close out of the Developer Tools
- Pdfs should now check-out and check-in automatically again in Chrome