NetDocuments OCR is an Optical Character Recognition, and image compression technology delivered as a secure cloud-to-cloud without requiring any on-premises software installations, that continually monitors files in the NetDocuments Trusted Cloud Platform repository.
NetDocuments OCR converts image-based PDF documents and image files (PNGs, JPGs, TIFFs, and BMPs) into text-searchable documents, so the built-in NetDocuments full-text global searching capability makes the documents accessible to appropriate users. The result is a searchable PDF, added as an official version of the original document profile, maintaining the original modify date.
|Product Information and Announcements
Admin Topics in this article:
Set up NetDocuments OCR
IMPORTANT: NetDocuments OCR services allows you to create the service once. Confirm OCR settings before selecting Create. NetDocuments cannot edit service configurations once created at this time.
OCR service Required Pre-requisites
- Create a new repository user that contains the following required configuration:
- First Name: NetDocuments
- Last Name: OCR
- User type: Internal
- Email address: Specify a unique email address
- Repository admin type: FULL
- Add NetDocuments OCR user as a Cabinet Administrator to every cabinet you want OCR documents.
Start OCR Configuration Wizard
- Sign-in to NetDocuments as the NetDocuments OCR user.
- Select the NetDocuments OCR Dashboard from the repository admin page to sign-in.
OCR Service Wizard Steps
- Define dates for backlog services (If applicable to your service subscription).
- Select cabinets you want to OCR documents. The NetDocuments OCR user must be a cabinet administrator for every cabinet you want OCR documents.
- Choose document formats to process.
- Define OCR character settings. To avoid processing pages that do not require OCR, NetDocuments will inspect each page of a document for existing text characters. If a page has less than or equal to a specific threshold of existing text characters, the OCR service will consider the page processed. Enter a specific character threshold (Default is 120) to avoid OCR processing.
- Select the language(s) you want to OCR.
- Indicate if you want to compress the documents that require OCR.
- Select save as a new version.
- Enter an email address to send notifications when a critical event occurs. (Group email suggested).
- Review the service configuration summary to ensure settings are correct.
- Select Create to create the OCR service.
IMPORTANT: NetDocuments OCR services allows you to create the service once. Confirm OCR settings before selecting “Create.” NetDocuments cannot edit service configurations once created at this time.
Support and Feedback
If you have any feedback, questions or report issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at the closest customer support center:
- US customers, call 801-226-6882 or 866-NETDOCS (638-3627).
- EU customers, call +44(0) 2034.556770.
- AU customers, call +61 2 8310 4319.
We thank you for your input and feedback and appreciate you using NetDocuments and associated product features. We value you as a customer.
The NetDocuments Team
NetDocuments OCR is a trademark of NetDocuments.
contentCrawler and the contentCrawler logo are trademarks of DocsCorp Group Ltd.
contentCrawler's technology is protected under US Patent 8745084.
contentCrawler is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and offenders will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.