From the ndOffice Open dialog box, sort columns, change the list view, resize the right and left panes, create folders, go to workspaces, perform searches, and manage versions.
To open a document
- On the File menu, select Open, and select ndOpen. Either:
- Browse to the document using the left-side navigation pane.
- Enter the document name, keywords or phrases in Search field.
- Open, view, or create new versions of a document. Learn More
Note: In Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016, to disable the Open Backstage view, go to File > Options > Save, and in the Word Options dialog box, under the AutoRecover file location area, select the Don't show the backstage when opening or saving files check box.
- Select the document to open it.
Note: To open the document directly from NetDocuments, in the ndOpen dialog box, select the Go to Web App button to browse to the needed document. Learn More
Other ndOpen Dialog Box Options
In the ndOpen dialog box, right-click the name of the document, and then select one of the following options:
- Open – Open the document.
- Open as read-only – Open the document in the read-only mode.
- Open as a new document – Create and open a new document with the same content.
- Open as a new version – Create and open a new version of the document.
- Rename – Change the document name.
- Print – Print out the document on any connected printer.
- Copy link – Copy the link to the document.
- Copy ID – Copy the document ID.
- Email link – Insert the document link to the email.
- Email copy – Download the document and attach it to a new email.
- Profile details - View basic information about the document.
- Lock document - Lock a document and all its versions.
- Open a version - Check out, open. and download a desired version to the computer.
- Versions and attachments – View document versions as well as comparisons and attachments.