In the ndOffice Activity dialog box, you can see up to 100 documents. The documents are sorted by the last accessed date and time. Adobe .pdf files can be opened using ndOffice or from the NetDocuments website.
The Activity Center is a version-specific list and is unique for everyone. For example, two lawyers are working on different versions of the Residential Agreement.docx document. The first lawyer has introduced some edits to version 1 of the Residential Agreement.docx document, and the second lawyer has modified version 2 of the Residential Agreement.docx document. Thus, the first lawyer sees only the Residential Agreement.docx v.1 document in the activity list, whereas the second lawyer sees only the Residential Agreement.docx v.2 in the activity list.
The ndOffice Activity dialog box
With the Activity Center, you can use documents as templates for new documents or new versions of other documents. You can print, get a link to the document, and check the document in.
Edit the profile of any document in the ndOffice Activity dialog box. To edit the profile, hover over an item in the ndOffice Activity, and then the Edit Profile icon appears to the right of the document name:
Select the Edit Profile icon to open the dialog box and edit the document profile information:
The Profile panel includes:
- Document name
- Document ID
- Version number and name
- Created by/date
- Modified by/date
- File type
- Created from which version
- Official version
- Ability to edit version description
- Profile information (custom metadata)
You will see each version of each document you have been working on.
In the ndOffice Activity dialog box, right-click the name of the document, and then select one of the following options:
- Open – Open the document.
Note: Upon opening the unofficial document version, you will see a prompt. You can click Continue to work with the unofficial version or click Open Official.
- Open as read-only – Open the document in the read-only mode.
- Open as a new document – Create and open a new document with the same content.
- Open as a new version – Create and open a new version of the document.
- Rename – Change the document name.
- Print – Print out the document on any connected printer.
- Copy link – Copy the link to the document.
- Copy ID – Copy the document ID.
- Email link – Insert the document link to the email.
- Email copy – Download the document and attach it to a new email.
- Profile details - Open the Edit Profile dialog box.
- Reply - Reply to the message sender.
- Reply all - Reply to the original sender and all other recipients on the To and Cc lines.
- Forward - Send the message to someone, not on the To or Cc lines.
- Versions and attachments – View document versions as well as comparisons and attachments. In ndOffice 2.3, open PDFs from Versions and Attachments in the ndOffice Activity dialog box.
Select the icon to edit the information about the document.
Upon selecting the icon, you will be redirected to the login page of NetDocuments.
Select the icon to pin the ndOffice Activity dialog box and move it anywhere on the screen.
In ndOffice 2.3, any time you select the button in the upper right corner of the pinned ndOffice Activity dialog box, the ndOffice application remains displayed in the taskbar.
Select the icon to unpin the ndOffice Activity dialog box.
Additionally, drag a corner or a border of the ndOffice Activity dialog box to resize it.
After selecting the drop-down menu, the following options appear:
The ndOffice Echo folder is a local cache of the most recent NetDocuments files you have accessed. These are local backup files that are checked in or checked out using ndOffice.
By default, the ndOffice Echo folder can be found at the following path: C:\Users\<username>\ND Office Echo\SERVICE-username. The location of the Echo folder can be changed via ndOffice settings or the registry.
If there is no Internet connection, you can still work on documents that are stored in the Echo folder. Once the connection is restored, offline edits will be uploaded. The ndOffice Activity dialog box shows documents available in an offline mode.
The ndOffice Echo folder contains the following subfolders:
- The Backup subfolder. If you are experiencing issues while opening, editing, or saving documents, you can recover them from the Backup subfolder of the ndOffice Echo folder.
Note: The Backup subfolder has a retention time period, which administrators can establish with the BackupRetention registry setting. You can put the number of days for the document to remain in this folder before deletion. The default value is 5.
- The Attachments subfolder. It contains all the documents that you attached and sent via email.
- The Comparisons subfolder. It contains the compared documents.
For more information about the ndOffice Echo folder and its subfolders, see The Echo Folder.
After selecting Settings, view the information related to your account, specify the location of inserting the ID stamp to a document, set the default locations for opening or saving documents, and specify the number of documents to be displayed in the ndOffice Activity Center. For more information, see ndOffice Activity Center Settings.
Help - Open ndOffice support page
Report a problem - If you encountered a problem with ndOffice, submit a support request or view log files. You may be asked to send log files or a screenshot of the error message upon submitting your support request
Refresh session - Use this option instead of logging out and logging back in after you applied changes or modifications
Export DB - Export a secure version of the ndOffice database for troubleshooting purposes
After selecting this option, view version details and licensing information.
After selecting this option, you are logged out of the application.
After selecting this option, the ndOffice application will close.