Your Windows PC records a lot of detail about what is happening while it runs. These logs are useful for NetDocuments Support agents to help them diagnose your issues for applications that are installed on your computer.
The logs provide an accurate history of the exact error message and how often it occurs.
You generally need administration rights on your PC to supply the event logs; if you do not have the rights you may need to contact your IT vendor for help accessing them.
Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Click your Start Button in the left corner of the screen. (Alternatively hold down your Windows key on your keyboard and Press R)
- Type eventvwr and hit enter.
- At this stage if you are asked for a username and password, you do not have local admin rights and will need to seek help from your IT contact.
- The Event Viewer window will load.
- Expand Windows Logs.
- Right Click on the "Application" log that appears
- Select "Save All Events As..."
- A new Save As windows appears, save the log file to your PC somewhere you can remember, such as the desktop.
- If you are prompted to save "Display Information" just say "OK"
- Browse to where you saved the log file.
- Right-click the file and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Please attach this file to your NetDocuments ticket or attach it when responding to an email.
Please note, these logs only apply where products like ndOffice, ndSync, EMS Profiler, EMS Folders, Explorer Desktop and other client side applications are involved. They can help reveal details about installation issues and application errors that a screenshot may not.
If you are seeing errors regarding the NetDocuments service in an Internet Browser, this information is not typically recorded to the event log.