Learn how to navigate, refine, sort, and take other actions on documents that appear in search results.
The search results that match the search criteria appear in the List view. From here, you can further refine the search, or take a number of actions on the documents.
The Search Results page includes the Search Refinement pane. This pane allows you to select from the available metadata to further refine the original search results.
Select a metadata filter to apply it to search results. You can choose one or more filter values.
The order of the filters in the Refinement pane is determined by the layout defined on your Advanced Search page.
Search Result Options
Select Search Results to view the available options. These options apply to ALL documents included in the search results (up to 10,000 items), not just the ones that are displayed in the list at that time.
Search Result options include:
- Copy all results - Copy all the items in this search to another cabinet
- Delete all results - Delete all documents in the results page you have rights to delete. For Administrators, this option deletes up to 10,000 in a result
- Edit profiles - Edit the profiles of all the documents in the search results up to 10,000 items
- Modify access - Administrators can modify the access list of all the documents in the search result list up to 10,000 items
- Print List - Print the list of items contained in the search result up to 500. For an Administrator this option prints up to 10,000 in a result. You receive a list of items by email
- Review - Open the documents in the Review window where you can rename or file the document(s) in another folder
- Save Search - Save the search results as a Saved Search so it can be easily re-used
- Show criteria - Display the detailed search criteria entered for the shown results
Modify Access, Edit Profile, and Delete options are only available to Cabinet Administrators when searching within a single cabinet.
When searching for documents, the official version will be indicated in the search results.
You can sort the search results by selecting the column headings at the top of the search result list: