Resetting your Password:
- If you forget your password, go to the Login page and select the "Need Login Assistance?" It will send you an email with a link to enter a new password. Administrators should also use this link to send a new password reset email to a user in their repository. You can also use this link if you have forgotten your username.
- For this link to work you will need to close all browser windows that may have been using NetDocuments, including windows using Salesforce that is integrated with NetDocuments.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
- Passwords must contain at least one digit and one letter.
- The password is NOT case sensitive.
- Passwords cannot include the username. For example, if the username is “jones”, the password cannot be “jones” “sJones” “jonestt” or “alJonesAc”.
- Passwords cannot be comprised entirely or mostly of the user’s initials. If all occurrences of a user’s first and last initials or first, middle, and last initials are removed from the password, there must be at least 3 remaining characters in the password. For example, if the user’s name is Albert S. Thompson, the following passwords are not allowed: “astast” “atatat” “batrat” “atlast” “lastbat”. The following passwords would be allowed: “breakfast” “lastbatter.”
- Passwords cannot include a word in the name of any repository the user is a member of unless the word is “of”, “the”, or “and” or the word consists of a single character. For example, members of a repository named “Jones Real Estate Services” would not be allowed to use the following passwords: “bridgetjones”, “really”, “quickservices”.
- Ten (10) unsuccessful login attempts will lock an account from access for 15 minutes. Due to Internet delays, this could take several minutes to be reset beyond the initial 15 minutes.
- If you forget your password, please use the Forget your Password link on the Login page to receive an email so you can define a new password. Note that Allow automated password recovery from the Personal Information option in Settings must be checked. This is selected by default when you register.
NOTE: If you use the Automated Login option, you will still need to remember your username/password to login at other locations such as your home or at a client location.
NOTE: Password reset links last 48 hours. New user initial login links (welcome emails) last 96 hours.