The following are system requirements for various NetDocuments' interfaces, integrations, and client software.
- Operating system: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX
- Office: Not applicable.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
ndOneClick runs on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge for either Windows or Mac OS. ActiveX runs in Internet Explorer.
NetDocuments supports the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge.
The ActiveX control is not supported using the Edge browser. If you have been using NetDocuments with the Internet Explorer browser, you should continue using that browser with Windows 10 while using NetDocuments.
NetDocuments is designed for a minimum 1024 x 768 monitor resolution. A higher monitor resolution is recommended.
Links and buttons in NetDocuments generally require a single left-click as is standard when using a web browser.
On many pages, a right-click menu is also available that allows users to access additional options.
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (only 64-bit is supported)
- Office: The following versions of MS Office are supported:
Word 2010 (SP2), 2013 and 2016
Excel 2010 (SP2), 2013 and 2016
PowerPoint 2010 (SP2), 2013 and 2016
Outlook 2010 (SP2), 2013 and 2016
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Reader DC
NOTE: ndOffice has been tested and is compatible with a local 32-bit version of Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 and the 64-bit version of Office 2013 and 2016. Office 2016 is only supported with ndOffice version 1.7+.
Users with Microsoft Office 365 for the Business account can edit documents using the Office 365 web apps. Learn more about Online Editing
- Browser: N/A (both ActiveX and ndOneClick support hand-off from the browser to Office)
- ndOffice requires that .NET version 4.5.2+ be installed.
For system requirements for ndMail, see ndMail System Requirements.
ndExplorer (NetDocuments Email)
- Microsoft Exchange Server versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Online.
- Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Client OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
Contact NetDocuments Support for more detailed system requirements.
Email Management Service
If you are using Email Management Service (EMS Profiler or EMS Folders), you need the following:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or higher.
- Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2+
Email Management add-ins work better with more PC memory and faster processors. We suggest a minimum of 2GB of memory and a current-level CPU.
- Operating system: Windows 7+ (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac OS
- Office: N/A
- Browser: N/A
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit or Windows Server 2016 64-bit.
- You may also run ndMirror on any Windows 7+ (64-bit) desktop OS. We recommend the most current OS.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (R2), 2014, or 2016.
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 is required for installation.
- Sufficient disk space to store all documents plus 15%.
- Operating system: Windows (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Office: N/A
- Browser: N/A
Mobile apps are available for iOS and Android devices. The two most recent OS versions are supported.
For alternate devices, our mobile web interface can be used to access NetDocuments. Because of the limitations of some of these devices, not all NetDocuments features are available when using these devices. If you are using a PC or a Mac with the mobile interface, you can manually download documents and work on them and then upload them back to NetDocuments.
Since NetDocuments utilizes the internet and a web browser for access, maximizing your internet bandwidth is one of the most important considerations in addition to utilizing appropriate client hardware when using the NetDocuments Service. If the bandwidth is minimal and/or your client hardware is minimal, your performance experience when using NetDocuments will be less than optimal. With the price of internet bandwidth becoming less expensive and the increased bandwidth size becoming more available, we recommend that you utilize the highest bandwidth available to you when possible. Today with the wider availability of applications which utilize the internet, in most cases, you will be using the bandwidth you purchase for other applications in addition to the NetDocuments Service, so it is advisable to maximize the bandwidth to the fullest extent available to you.
We recommend, as a rule of thumb, that you acquire the maximum bandwidth available to you in order to optimize your usage of NetDocuments and other applications which may share that bandwidth. As a minimum, a 50-user office should have a 10Mbps pipe. Of course, that minimum requirement depends on what else the internet is being used for at your organization.
We recommend that you use Echoing in locations such as your office or home where you control access to the computer. We recommend that you do NOT use Echoing when at other temporary locations such as a client's site, kiosks, cyber cafes, etc.
We strongly recommend that you keep your operating system and browser versions and updates current. Timely updating also provides you with the latest security enhancements from Microsoft. To keep your computer current with the latest Microsoft updates for your computer's operation system, software, and hardware, use Windows Updates.