For troubleshooting purposes, you may need to enable REST Trace Logs for ndMirror. These logs can then be sent to NetDocuments Support personnel for investigation.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Stop the ndMirror Service (NetDocuments.ndMirror.SyncService)
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\NetDocuments\ndMirror\Version(1.0/1.1)
- As an administrator, open the NetDocuments.LDService.SyncService.exe (the XML file).
- Line 21 should be: <add key="EnableRestApiTracing" value="false"/>
- Change the false value to true and then save the file.
- Start the ndMirror Service again.
- Navigate to C:\Users\ndMirrorUser\AppData\Local\NetDocuments\ndMirror\Logs
- The RESTApiTrace.log should now be there.
After you have retrieved the logs, you can turn off the REST Trace Logs by following Steps 1-6 but changing the value in Steps 4-5 from true to false.
If you need Trace Level Logs:
1. line 21 is REST
2. line 28 adds log levels. The default is: <add key="LogLevels" value="Info,Warn,Error,Fatal"/>
3. you can edit this to: <add key="LogLevels" value="Trace,Info,Warn,Error,Fatal"/> to include trace
4. restart the service
5. There should be trace logs added to the logs in SQL Server