Below are the changes included in each release of ndSync for Windows.
| 11 Aug 2020
- Support for the NetDocuments DLP product
- Support for the Lock Document feature found in NetDocuments
- Support for additional service regions:
- Resolved issue where ndSync would create an unofficial version after updating a local document where the official document was a sub-version
- Resolved issue where specific conditions would fail to upload the document
||12 Dec 2019
- Support for document and folder names up to 1,000 characters. (A long name will only be shown up to a limited length in Windows, but when renaming an item, the full name will be shown and up to 1,0000 characters will be allowed.)
- A new ndSync "Rename" action has been added.
- The ndSync log files are purged when ndSync is uninstalled.
- Fixed bugs related to installing and uninstalling ndSync.
||1 Jul 2019
- Performance enhancements
- Support for Windows 10 Long File Paths to sync content of any path length
- Moving locally synced content is treated as a move on the server
- Synced content can be deleted from the server ONLY using the ndSync "Delete" action, which can be performed on multiple documents and individual folders
- Indicator when maximum number of documents in a container have been synced
- Unofficial versions remain on the device
- Zero-byte files cannot be synced to the server
- Bug fixes
||15 Feb 2018
- The Ransomware Circuit Breaker feature was introduced.
- Various performance enhancements have been made related to checking for changes made on the user's local machine and also when checking for changes on the server.
- Additional logging and crash reporting has been added.
||17 Dec 2017
||11 Aug 2017
- A re-designed UI
- A Select items to synchronize action has been added to the menu and removed from the Settings dialog.
- With the addition of the Activity List, it is now possible to toggle between the Activity List, Recent Documents and Home Page Contents
- In addition, there is a new setting to exclude emails from appearing in the Activity List
- New overlay icons
- Container icons now match new 17.2 web UI icons
- Auto-updates (with notifications, and registry settings)
- New right-click options
- all of the actions will be grouped under a parent “ndSync actions” menu, when accessing the item from Windows Explorer
- A right-click “Sync now” action has been added to workspaces, to allow an entire workspace to be synced by itself.
- Deletion restrictions (administrative setting)
||12 May 2017
||The overlay icon for synced workspaces shows them as synced and not unsynced