oAuth for Client Credentials Grant Flow for Long running backend Service
The access token for Client Credentials Grant Flow for a service account I created for my ApplicationID can be done with ot without a service account.
As per the documentation,
- I first made the user as Non-Interactive Service Account, then mapped the user to an applicationid and created a service account.
- Then using postman when I try to hit request to https://api.vault.netvoyage.com/v1/OAuth with granty_type as client_credentials and scope with Authorization header "Basic conded(AP-1234ABCD|CA-FEDCBA:abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456890)"
- I get access token in the response json
- Now where did I mention about the service account that i created in step 1 while requesting the toke ?
- No if I go back and delete the service account. I still see the access token coming in the response for the action in step2
- Also the token says it expires in 3600s, why do I need to get this token for each api action from a back end windows service every ne hour ? is there a way to get a token with long lofetime ?
- please let me know why a service acount is neede.
Please let me know if I doing anything wrong here