*Guidelines for using NetDocuments Community Forums*
NetDocuments provides a forum called the Idea Bank for the purpose of receiving requests for specific features or functionality related to NetDocuments. Our product managers and support personnel monitor items posted on this forum and we appreciate the feedback; however, we may not be able to respond personally to each request. We encourage customers to review items from other customers and provide feedback. While we cannot reply to every idea, we do utilize these ideas in assisting us in product changes and directions.
Your votes on ideas are very important to us as we evaluate these suggestions. The voting process provides us an organic vetting process to evaluate what changes are of most interest to our customers. We appreciate all of your ideas and even though they are all great ideas, we are not able to incorporate all of them into the Service. The voting helps us determine what the interest is on any particular idea. We use that automatic ranking to help determine which new items we should consider including in the Service.
Ideas are marked as Planned when they are taken on by our developers and then marked as Completed when an idea is implemented in a product update. Feel free to suggest ideas, vote for the best idea by "Liking" the idea, then see what else is planned.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you participate in the Idea Bank forum and other forums:
- Before posting an idea or question, check to see if someone else has already posted it. This may help reduce the number of duplicate ideas.
- NetDocuments provides other forums such as the Community and Knowledgebase. Try to post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. For support-related issues or troubleshooting help, please submit a Support Request.
- Be specific. Provide a use case scenario and/or screen shots to describe how your particular idea may benefit your firm, as well as other NetDocuments users.
- Use votes judiciously. You have an unlimited number of them, but make sure you're voting for the ideas you would really like to see implemented.
- You can subscribe to the Idea Bank to receive alerts when new ideas are added. Submitting a feature request will automatically subscribe you to that particular idea.
NetDocuments reserves the right to moderate posts and comments. Users participating on the Community forums must abide by the following rules:
- No buying, selling, trading, or commercial solicitation is permitted.
- No profanity or swearing.
- Be civil. Do not demean or insult others. Offer constructive comments.
- Be respectful. Do not incite or perpetuate a conflict or argument. No personal attacks or name calling. No SHOUTING (don't use all caps when posting). Respect both forum moderators and other Community users.
- It's OK to agree to disagree.
- No linking or posting of pornographic or objectionable material.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- Respect the privacy of other members and individuals. Do not post personal information about them (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, etc.) without their consent.
- Do not post under secondary user names or alias user names other than your main account.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator.
- Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums.
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material.
- Do not post comments that violate federal, state, provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).