ndOffice 2.7 contains significant changes designed to improve productivity. Details of the new features and a description of product improvements are included below:
- Modify Access available from Save dialog and Activity Center
- Details Pane available in ndOpen dialog
- Support for German, French and Spanish languages
- Quick list of recent documents when attaching to an email
Modify Access available from Save dialog and Activity Center
Users can now modify the access of a document from the Activity Center or when saving the document.
From the Activity Center, the option is available when right-clicking a document:
From ndSave, the option is available on the Security Templates drop-down:
After selecting Modify Access, the following dialog appears:
Users can then select users or groups, and assign them access rights. For additional information on assigning rights, see this article.
Details Pane available in ndOpen dialog
ndOffice 2.7 provides users with additional information about documents in NetDocuments. The new Details Pane, which is modeled after the Details Pane found in the web interface, can be displayed by selecting a document on the ndOpen dialog:
Prior to opening a document, users can see the full details of the document, including profile attributes, versions, and DLP policies:
Support for German, French and Spanish languages
All dialogs and menu options in ndOffice 2.7 are now available in English, German, French and Spanish:
To change the language of ndOffice, apply the following Registry setting and restart ndOffice:
Quick list of Recent Documents when attaching to an email
When attaching a document to an email in Outlook, the ndAttach button now has an option to quickly select a Recent Document. To display the Recent Documents list, click the down arrow associated with the ndAttach button. To select a document that is not in the Recent Documents list, click the full ndAttach button.
- Cabinet Inbox limited to Cabinet Administrators: The Cabinet Inbox will only be displayed for Cabinet Administrators. Other users will not be able to open documents from or save items to the Cabinet Inbox. This feature aligns ndOffice with the NetDocuments web functionality.
- Prompt on document save if document has missing required profile data: Upon Save, users will be prompted to complete the profile of any document with required profile fields that have not been completed
- Warning if the version attached to an email is not the latest: When attaching a document to an email, the user can be notified that the selected version is not the latest version of the document
- Support of Fast Web View optimizations when saving PDF documents with Adobe: ndOffice now supports the Fast Web View options when saving Adobe PDF documents
- Prohibit uploading of zero-byte files: ndOffice will prohibit users from uploading zero-byte files, providing a warning that the file contains no data
- Leave Office open when converting files to PDF: A new registry setting will allow Word to remain open after converting a file to PDF
- Ability to disable warning about documents left checked out now can be disabled: A new registry setting will suppress the warning if a document is left checked out