Users are being presented with the following prompt on every page or document open.
Chrome Browser 77.0.3864+
ndOneClick protocol handler
Chrome 77.0.3864 removed the “Always open these types of links in the associated app” checkbox and the update has removed the trust that users previously provided to ndOneClick.
Where possible users should upgrade to ndClick as the browser integration software for the future.
At the time of writing ndClick is not supported in multi-user environments like Citrix or RDS though release of ndClick 1.3 with this support is expected soon.
For those multi users sites with ndOneClick it appears the only options presently are to;
- Not allow upgrade to Chrome 77/78
- Manually edit the users Google Chrome Preferences file to restore the permissions. (see workaround)
- Chrome 79 now has the option to restore the checkbox seen in previous versions which allowed users to set and forget the permission, discussed here.
Creating this key will restore the functionality with Chrome 79+
Work around: You can manually fix this issue in Chrome until the update from Google is released.
1. Close Chrome completely, you may need to check Task Manager to ensure it is not running.
2. Browse to %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\ and open the Preferences file.
Please note the file has no extension, it will prompt you to choose an appropriate program to open it with and Notepad is fine for this.
3. Search for excluded_schemes by clicking CTRL + F or using the Edit, Find menu.
You should find that looks similar to the following example
update the entry
"nd":false between the curly braces.
if there are other entries, append the entry
being careful not to make any other changes to existing entries.
Save the file.
Restart Chrome and test that you are no longer prompted when clicking on files in NetDocuments.