What's New in ndMail 1.6
September 27, 2019: Today NetDocuments announces the release of ndMail 1.6, the Outlook-based email management solution. ndMail 1.6 introduces key enhancements to provide users with the most up-to-date information on the filed status of email messages. Users can now see when an email has been filed to different cabinets, when an email has been filed by another user in real-time, and much more. For a complete list of additional features and improvements, please review the list below.
- Optimized GFI Caching
- Cross-Cabinet GFI Improvements
- GFI Support with Collapsed Predictions Panel
- Force Mapping of New Outlook Folders
- Additional Improvements & Fixes
- New Registry Settings for ndMail Folder Mapping
Optimized GFI Caching
The Global Filing Indicator (GFI) was previously cached with predictions so if predictions were generated for a given message, both the GFI and predictions would be cached for up to 15 minutes. With this release, the GFI is separated from the predictions. So the GFI will update immediately after selecting an item even if predictions are already cached for that item. This allows you to see when an item is filed by someone else in real-time.
Cross-Cabinet GFI Improvements
Previously, if you had two Cabinet tabs open in the ndMail predictions panel, for example, Cabinet A and Cabinet B, and you had Cabinet A selected as the active cabinet tab, all items that were filed in Cabinet B would not display the GFI. In other words, the GFI used to be tied to a specific cabinet. With 1.6, the GFI process will check all cabinets that you have open as tabs on the ndMail prediction panel and will set the GFI for that item (if it is found to be filed in any of those cabinets). Additionally, if an item is filed in a cabinet that is not the active cabinet tab, a blue checkmark appears on the cabinet tab where the item is filed, as shown below.
GFI Support with Collapsed Predictions Pane
You can now leave the ndMail predictions panel collapsed and the GFI will continue to update. Previously, the GFI required the prediction panel to be open/expanded.
Force Mapping of New Outlook Folders
Note: This feature requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180.
Previously in Folder Mapping, you had an option to prompt mapping of new Outlook folders when they are created. With 1.6, administrators can now deploy a registry key that forces their users to map new Outlook folders. When users create a new folder, the dialog box appears forcing to map a folder.
- Reduced add-in load times when starting Outlook (requires ndOffice 2.6).
- Improved Folder Mapping processing queues when issues are encountered with the customer's Exchange server. (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- Optimized the Folder Mapping queue such as deduplication that occurs at the time the new item is added to the local queue in Outlook rather than after the filing request happens (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- Fixed an issue where ndOffice wasn't parsing the message ID properly when saving via drag and drop or the ndSave button - this meant that ndMail could not display the filing indicator (requires ndOffice 2.6+).
- Fixed an issue with getting conversation ID information from Exchange in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows 1903 update broke keyboard input fields in both ndMail and ndOffice in Outlook (requires ndOffice 2.6+ for the Outlook panels fields).
- Fixed an issue where delayed send in Outlook would prevent items from being sent when ndMail is enabled.
- Fixed an issue so that using the shortcut Ctrl + > now refreshes predictions properly.
- Fixed an issue where Folder Mapping would prompt users to map new Outlook folders more than once if the user had Outlook open on multiple machines (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- See registry setting below.
- Fixed an issue with Folder Mapping if the user mapped a folder and profiled the mapping with a date field value so we now properly capture that date (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- Fixed an issue in some environments where Outlook could hang with Folder Mapping delegate filing is enabled and with Outlook set to Work Offline (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- Fixed an issue when delegate filing is enabled if the delegate deletes an owner's folder where the delegate is prompted to map the newly deleted folder (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
- Fixed an issue where, in certain instances, the customer's Exchange Server does not return the internet message ID of a sent item properly when it is requested which then leads to a 400 response when the filing request is submitted (requires Folder Mapping 1.0.7180).
New Registry Settings for ndMail Folder Mapping
Note: Settings on administration level prevail over user level settings.
Note: This registry is only for users who have Outlook open on multiple computers and are using PromptOnFolderCreate registry set to True.
This setting determines the amount of time difference (in seconds) between the folder creation time and the folder modification time. On the computer where the folder was created, these two values will be the same. On another computer, there will be some amount of time difference between the two depending on how quickly Exchange/Outlook creates that new folder on the second computer. The default is 0. When set to 0, the user is only prompted to map the folder on the first computer where the folder is created if multiple machines are actively running Outlook. If prompting on all machines is desired, a recommended value is 60, in which 60 seconds account for Exchange/Outlook delay in creating that new folder and would therefore prompt the user on all computers to map the folder.
Forces users to map new Outlook folders after creation. True will not let the user create a new folder in Outlook without mapping it to NetDocuments. False will not force the user to map the new Outlook folders but stills prompts the user to map the folder if the PromptOnFolderCreate is set to True.