NetDocuments OCR is an Optical Character Recognition, and image compression technology delivered as a secure cloud-to-cloud without requiring any on-premises software installations, that continually monitors files in the NetDocuments Trusted Cloud Platform repository.
NetDocuments OCR converts image-based PDF documents and image files (PNGs, JPGs, TIFFs, and BMPs) into text-searchable documents, so the built-in NetDocuments full-text global searching capability makes the documents accessible to appropriate users. The result is a searchable PDF, added as an official version of the original document profile, maintaining the original modify date.
|Product Information and Announcements
Admin Topics in this article:
Set up NetDocuments OCR
- In NetDocuments, go to Repository Administration and then select OCR Dashboard.
- On the OCR Setup page, select Configure OCR.
- Turn on the toggle to apply the OCR to the cabinet(s) and then select Next.
- In the OCR Settings dialog, turn on the toggle to select which file formats you want to include in the search for files and email attachments.
- In the Save Settings section, select the method you want to add the text searchable document back to NetDocuments for the cabinets you have turned on:
- Select the Save as new version option to create a new version of the document in NetDocuments.
- Select the Overwrite current version option to replace the current version with the new one.
NOTE: Overwriting the current version will save the original document as a document attachment to the OCR version.
Select the Retain 'Locked' status checkbox if you store documents in NetDocuments and sometimes use the Locked status indicator on documents and want to retain this setting on the new version of the documents saved by NetDocuments OCR.
- In the Backlog Scope section, select how far back you want to OCR your documents.
IMPORTANT: Once you select the Update button, you cannot make any changes to the Backlog Scope.
- Select the Update button.
In the upper-right corner of the screen, select the Settings icon to change the File Formats and Save Settings.
Support and Feedback
If you have any feedback, questions, or issues, submit a request via our support site or call the closest customer support center:
- US customers, call 801-226-6882 or 866-NET DOCS (638-3627)
- EU customers, call +44 2031 299324
- AU customers, call +61 2 8310 4319
We thank you for your input and feedback. We value you as a customer.
The NetDocuments Team