Table of Contents
- Send and File
- Map ndOffice Folders
- Customize Notification Settings
Rename the subject before filing an item.
To rename an item
- Select an item to file, and then, in the ndMail predictions panel, click Rename.
- In the edit field that appears, type the name for the selected item, and then click Apply. You can enter up to 200 characters in the edit field.
- To file the item to the needed location, click File.
- To revert changes, press ESC.
- To cancel renaming, press ESC twice, or press ESC, and then click Apply to close the edit mode.
NOTE: These characters are not supported for renaming: "/\:*?""<>| "
Edit and access the item you want to file. The following options are available:
- Just Me – Only you can access the filed item. For an email filed with the Just Me option, after clicking Refresh, by default, this file is selected for the next filing.
- Default – Inherit an access from the selected location. This setting is always selected for each next email to file.
An automatic refresh occurs after entering or changing the subject for a new email, adding recipients to To and Cc fields, or adding attachments. The automatic refresh also works after closing a new item or a meeting response.
Note: On automatic refresh, changes are not lost, except changing a recipient in the Bcc field, as Bcc recipients are not factored into predictions or access.
Manually refresh the predicted filing locations by clicking Refresh on the ndMail predictions panel. After clicking Refresh, a notification message appears informing that the selected location, subject renaming, or the modified access reverts to default values.
Search for the created filters, folders, and workspaces with keywords to find a location where you want to file a message, even if it is not shown on predictions panel by default. To delete the entered value, you can press ESC.
Note: Enter up to 200 characters in the search field.
- From the Cabinet drop-down menu, select the needed cabinet, which you can access.
- Select Browse.
- In the Select filing location dialog box, navigate to the needed folder, and then click Select.
The Select Filing Location Dialog Box
4. Search for a filing location by:
- Location Name
- Location ID
- Created By
- Modified By
5. (optional) In the Select filing location dialog box, create a new folder by clicking Add Folder or find a workspace by clicking Go to Workspace, and then click Select.
After filing an item, the predicted filing locations appears for the next item. Find the recent filing locations in the predictions panel for a new message so that you can later file this message to the needed location.
To file an existing item, select a location and click the File button. To save time, you can file multiple items at the same time to the same selected locations. You can file together with any items: emails, meetings, receipts (read, delivered), and meeting responses (accepted, declined, tentative).
Note: File up to 25 items at once.
To view the needed location on the NetDocuments web interface, right-click the selected location, and then click Go to location in ND. Also, select View in ND on the notification message that appears after you have successfully filed an item.
In the notification area, Find the blue envelope icon showing that the ndMail application is currently running. To exit the application, right-click the icon, and then select Close.
To view the needed location on the NetDocuments web interface, right-click the selected location, and then select Go to location in ND. Also, select View in ND on the notification message that appears after you have successfully filed an item.
With 1.1 release, you can also view the full path of a location, right-click it, and then select View full path. Upon clicking this option, a background process runs to fetch the full path. You'll notice the ellipsis (...) scrolling while this happens, and then the path will be cached as a tooltip on your machine any time that location comes up as a prediction in the future.
Note: With 1.1 release, there is also a tooltip that prompts you about the possibility to view the full path of the needed location.
With 1.1 release, upon filing an item, you can hover over the Filing option, to see the following tooltip.
Also, with 1.1 release, you can see the prompt that is shown as a red line around the filing panel which blinks three times. It displays the first time the user clicks Send. After this first prompt, the user can still send the item without filing, if needed, by clicking Send again. To see this prompt, select the Prompt to file outgoing messages check box in the ndMail Settings dialog box. for more information, see ndMail Interface Overview.
ndMail provides one-click filing through machine learning by predicting the best filing locations. To file a new item, simply select a location and click Send. The item will be automatically filed when it is sent. Note, drafts can't be filed because they haven't been sent.
To Send and File a New Email
- To write a new message, click New Email (or Reply or Forward an email).
- Draft and review the email message, and then select a filing location.
- Click Send.
The email message is filed to the selected location.
Note: Send and file a meeting.
Use ndMail to Map Outlook Folders
ndMail folder mapping creates links between Outlook and NetDocuments folders. Any emails filed into a linked Outlook folder is automatically profiled to NetDocuments correctly, which means that you can leverage existing Outlook folders without changing the way you work.
To Map Outlook Folders
- Install the ndMail folder mapping application, and restart Outlook.
- If prompted, enter your NetDocuments username and password.
- Right-click the needed folder in the Outlook, and then select Add Outlook to ND link.
- In the Select location in NetDocuments dialog box, select the folder you want to link to in NetDocuments, and then select OK.
- In the Link Folder to NetDocuments dialog box, specify the following options as needed:
- Copy emails as private – Set a property on the items synced from this folder so that only you can view it in your NetDocuments repository.
- Link (unmapped) subfolders too – Allows the synching of all sub-folders to the mapped folder in NetDocuments.
- Copy pre-existing emails too – Copies all pre-existing items from the Outlook folder to NetDocuments.
Customize Notification Settings
After an item has been successfully filed, a system notification appears at the far right of the taskbar. You can also see warning messages about errors that might have occurred during the document upload or download.
After an item has been successfully filed to a selected location, the following notification message appears. This message is shown for 6 seconds. To view the filed item on ndWeb, click View in ND.
If an item has not been filed successfully, the following notification message appears. It is shown for 25 seconds.
You need to check whether:
- You are filing an item to the correct cabinet that has been configured for ndMail.
- You have properly configured the Exchange Web Service.
- You are filing emails that are associated with your Exchange account.
Otherwise, you need to contact your administrator, if the problem persists.
In Windows 10, do the following to customize notification settings:
- Select Start, and then select Settings.
- Select System, and then select Notifications & actions.
- Under Get notifications from these senders, click NetDocuments ndMail.
- Under NetDocuments ndMail, specify the following notification settings:
- Notifications – Turn on or off the ndMail notification messages.
- Show notification banners – Show or hide notification messages in the notification area.
- Keep notifications private on the lock screen – Show or hide notification messages when the screen is locked.
- Show notifications in action center – Turn on or off the notification messages in the action center.
- Play a sound when a notification arrives –Turn on or off the notification message sound.
- A number of notifications visible in actions center – Specify how many notifications appear.
- Priority of notifications visible in action center – Set the priority of notifications from ndMail.