The ndOffice version 126.96.36.19984 will be released at the same time as the 16.2 Update which is currently scheduled for June 2nd. Go to ndOffice to download the latest version and find more information such as system requirements.
Users who have not disabled Auto-Update in their settings will be prompted to install ndOffice version 1.8.14 when it is released on June 2.
Below are the changes included in version 1.8.14:
- Added option to install Adobe by default
- Upload notifications are turned off by default. The registry key UploadingNotificationMode will not be present by default (will function as if set to 0), but can be overridden. The old default was 2.
- Get Info on a document was consistently wrong on whether it is the official version
- Adobe throws invalid error message when opening a PDF from a browser and NOT ND web
- ndOffice installation crashes because of 'Newtonsoft.Json
- Adobe crashes when trying to Attach file from ND Open dialog
- Open from computer dialog in Adobe Acrobat shows behind other applications
- Does not insert more than one document stamp for Last Page
- Support for proxy auto configuration via proxy.pac files
- Added file name field to Select location dialog
This version continues the work we've done on our Adobe/PDF integration. This add-in is supported in Adobe versions XI and DC.
Users with these versions of Adobe will be asked to uninstall the legacy Adobe integration (if it was installed) when installing the Adobe ndOffice integration.
For users who have older versions of Adobe installed, they can continue to use the legacy Adobe integration, but we recommend upgrading to a newer version of Adobe in order to use the new Adobe/ndOffice integration.
When this version is released with the 16.2 Update, you will be able to open PDFs directly from the web and have ndOffice handle them as with Office documents. Should you choose to install the Adobe add-in you can still use the Activity Center or the ndOffice open dialog available in Adobe Acrobat or Reader. You can this prior to the release with the beta.
NOTE: Per-user installations, which are being deprecated in the next version of ndOffice, do not support the Adobe integration.
Watch our ndOffice 1.8 feature preview video:
Planned Subsequent Update
For your planning purposes, the subsequent Update for ndOffice is planned for Fall 2016. We will inform you if this plan changes as we get closer to the date. We are providing this information to assist you as much as possible in your planning and administration of the NetDocuments Service for your organization.
Support and Feedback
Comments, questions, suggestions, and problem reports are all welcome. Contact us at 1-866-NET-DOCS (638-3627) or email@example.com.
When reporting a problem, please provide:
- Fully-detailed description of the problem, including the exact error message or screen shots
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- Error logs (if any)
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team