The Beta Testing period for ndOffice 1.8.11 will begin on March 4, 2016.
ndOffice 1.8.12+ will be officially released April 4, 2016. Learn more about ndOffice.
NOTE: The release date was originally posted as March 25. Due to a few issues that arose late in the beta testing period, the release has been postponed to April 4.
To see the changes included in ndOffice 1.8, see our ndOffice Update Notes.
There are no new requirements for this version; however, we want to remind you that it requires .NET Framework 4.5.2 as well as the latest Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (VSTO).
Learn more about these requirements at Updating ndOffice.
Download ndOffice 1.8
To download the beta version of ndOffice, see our ndOffice page.
If you follow these steps when you report bugs it will help us get to the bottom of what is happening:
- Enable trace logs
- Stop ndOffice
- Open the registry
- Add the following key to the registry
- With a string value (REG_SZ) of TracingEnabled=True
- Restart ndOffice
- At this point new logs will be created that will give us enhanced information about what might be happening when you encounter a problem.
- In order to help us find the bug we further ask that you:
- Display the log location on your computer (right click on ndOffice > help > report a problem > view logs.
- Shut ndOffice down
- Shut down all Office apps
- Delete the files in the log directory to have a clean starting point
- Replicate the error (this may mean waiting for the problem to happen again)
- Note the time the error occurred. The closer you can come to this value the better it will be for us.
- Note the DOC ID of the document, if one was involved (there wouldn’t be if the failure happens on a new doc save, for instance).
- Package the log files in a zip and send them to me
- Send me the EchoingClient.sdf file, located in C:\users\USERNAME\ndOffice Echo
- Send us whatever else you can recollect
- About what happened
- What the antecedent was if you know it
- Is it reproducible on demand or is it intermittent, or did it happen once?
- Does it happen with all documents, or just one?
- Does it happen with all computers, or just some? If so, are there differences between them?
As always, you can either report these problem by sending them to email@example.com or by submitting a request to support and making sure they know that it is about ndOffice Beta 1.8.11.
Support and Feedback
Comments, questions, suggestions, and problem reports are all welcome. Contact us at 1-866-NET-DOCS (638-3627) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a problem, please provide:
- Fully-detailed description of the problem, including the exact error message or screen shots
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- Error logs (if any)
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team