ndOffice version 188.8.131.5239 will be available January 15, 2016. Go to ndOffice to download this latest version and find more information such as system requirements.
Planned Subsequent Update
For your planning purposes, the next regular Update for ndOffice (version 1.8) is planned for March 2016. We will inform you if this plan changes as we get closer to the date. We are providing this information to assist you as much as possible in your planning and administration of the NetDocuments Service for your organization.
We are not changing the auto-update for this version 184.108.40.20639, rather we are distributing it to customers only via the Help download page.
Below are the changes included in version 220.127.116.1139:
Type-Ahead and Auto-Complete
This version adds type-ahead and auto-complete for profile fields, workspace selectors, and search lookup fields. In the earliest versions of ndOffice one could type partial profile data in a field and press the tab key to enter the first value that was, as far as one had typed, a complete character for character match. Then, one could press tab or enter to load the first matching value.
This was broken in 1.6, 1.7.2, and 1.7.3, and entering partial data and pressing tab or enter left incorrect data in the field.
We’ve replaced this original lookup technology which was recently broken with our new ndWeb matching behavior in 1.7.4.
As the user types each character we display the values that match so far below where the user is typing.
Pressing tab or enter will insert a single matching value into the field (if there are no further matches).
If there are multiple matches and the user presses tab, enter or F2, then the lookup dialog is displayed (simulated below, those two boxes don’t appear at the same time).
Notice that the user typed the key in the first example, and the description in the second – both finding the first character match of those respective fields.
Typing in these fields will always search either, regardless of the setting in the lookup dialog itself.
If you enter at least two characters in the matter field, you can perform a lookup with partial data.
Press tab or enter when the correct matter is shown.
Finally, look for these same features in the search dialogs and the matter selector fields.
Selecting Multiple Versions
Users now have the ability to attach multiple versions from multiple documents to an email in a single request.
Additional items updated since 1.6.10:
- Fixed inability to open an email twice from while Outlook was running.
- Fixed broken navigation preference option for last used location (it previously only selected a recently used location instead of the actual location in the cabinet, folder, workspace or workspace organizing location.
- Added a cabinet default to navigation for users who prefer to always profile (best for save).
- Added support for Office 2016
- Fixed a bug related to navigation to last-used location in navigation tree if that option is selected in settings
- Fixed a broken auto-recover feature for Microsoft Word
- New API call that takes a workspace ID and returns the documents in the workspace
- New Checked out User ID parameter for REST API container content query
If you are using a previous version and experience any issues, we recommend that you install this new supported version to ensure the best operation of the Add-in.
Support and Feedback
Comments, questions, suggestions, and problem reports are all welcome. Contact us at 1-866-NET-DOCS (638-3627) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a problem, please provide:
- Fully-detailed description of the problem, including the exact error message or screen shots
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- Error logs (if any)
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team