The next Update of the NetDocuments Service will be made available on April 30, 2015, beginning at 11:59 PM Eastern time (NYC) for the US datacenter. For the EU datacenter, the Update will commence on April 30, 2015 at 10:00 PM London time. The 15.2 beta period will begin April 9, 2015. See our Beta Announcement for more information.
No new ActiveX install is required for this Update.
ndOffice users only - If you are using ndOffice, you will be required to install a new ActiveX (2.1.3) for your users IF you are installing the new 1.5 ndOffice. The ActiveX should be installed following the 15.2 Update at the same time as the ndOffice 1.5. 1.5 ndOffice will be available after May 27.
The new ActiveX (2.1.3) will also work with the ndOffice 1.4.9 version, so if you cannot use the 1.5 version of ndOffice yet and you need to install the new ActiveX (2.1.3), because you are installing a new user or setting up a new computer which has no ActiveX installed on it currently, then you will need to be running the 1.4.9 ndOffice. Contact NetDocuments Support to obtain ndOffice version 1.4.9. The new ActiveX will not work with versions prior to 1.4.9 of ndOffice. If you have to use a version of ndOffice that is older than 1.4.9, then you cannot use the new ActiveX. See below for version information. If you need the older version of the ActiveX, contact Support.
Please check the information below on the newest versions of other client software with this Update. We strongly recommend that you update all client software. All client software other than ndOffice should be updated no sooner than one week prior to the 15.2 Update. ndOffice 1.5 will be available after May 27, and can be installed at any time after that date as is convenient for you (including the new ActiveX, version 2.1.3).
Several exciting changes are included in the 15.2 Update. We encourage you to become acquainted with the changes prior to the release of the Update, so you are ready when the Update is released. You are also welcome to beta test the 15.2 Update starting on April 9, 2015.
Items listed in these Update Notes are subject to change prior to the actual Update being released.
New All Recent List - When you go to the Recent Docs drop-down list, all recently accessed documents will be displayed in a single list. This includes documents that have been added, opened, and edited:
The Recent Documents page now also includes an All tab next to Edited, Opened, and Added:
New scrolling in list view pages - You can now scroll up or down a list view by just using the arrow keys after you highlight a document in the list. When a user selects a list view item (not checked) and the browser's focus is in the list view, you can now change the selection by using the up or down arrow keys. If the focus is removed from the list view (i.e. clicks on the nav pane, details pane, or anywhere else) then the list view selection to use the up and down arrow keys is removed. If the user re-focuses on the list view, the arrow selection is enabled again. The existing CTRL + Arrow functionality remains the same. Use CTRL+SHIFT+Arrow to check the box for one or more documents.
ndOffice 1.5 - Some of the new changes include:
Moving of search bar ND Open/Save As/Outlook Attach File
Search box with selected metadata searching
Pass simple search criteria to advanced search
When a location is selected from the Recent Locations and Home page, that location’s cabinet is defaulted in the search field
Previous search results
Disable other fields when searching by ID
Default cabinet in search box for Home/Recent Location/Recent Documents
Keyboard navigation on advanced search
Save and Clear search criteria per Cabinet
Add "Alt+" shortcuts for ndOffice dialogs
Tab skips the ellipses and include F2 shortcut instead
Keyboard navigation is enhanced in “Select Version & Attachments dialog”
Display a combined Recent Documents list
Move Recent Documents below Home in ndOffice dialogs
Make sorting on Recent Documents consistent
Improved ActiveX-ndOffice handshake
Remove bypass cache for calls related to Recent Documents
Use ancestry REST API query instead of several parent to increase performance
Check-in process is faster
User ID instead of checking whether document in user folder
Current document saving is improved
Outgoing email attachment names to support cabinet setting
User Interface related changes
There are several other changes listed below, as well as several bug fixes being made available in this Update.
Please make sure you refresh your browser with Ctrl+F5 to clear any old cache after the Update.
- The Print List report now uses the same format for 10,000 items as it does for the 500 items document list.
- The Print List formatted report option now works properly on the Recent Docs pages.
- Lookup dialog default no longer requires a search to be set after the search.
- Date attribute in Review now reflects the proper date format.
- With Secure delivery, we now display the logo from the cabinet where the document is located if a logo is present on the email.
- On the Secure Delivery dialog, the security options section is now positioned just below the title.
- Added Admin function to prevent users from copying Secure Delivery link.
- SOAP calls that relate to downloading are recorded in Consolidated Activity log now as Save Local.
- Improved message when a user gets locked out of their account for exceeding size limits on My Cabinet.
- Added audio reader labels on the Edit Profile page.
- For Cabinet Administrators, we have now increased the number of allowed profile attributes in the Workspace Templates from 4 to 8.
- When the check box is enabled to have a custom date field default to the current date, it now works for all time zones (regardless of international date line).
- When returning to the Advanced Search page after a DocID search, If the DocID field is cleared, when the other fields become activated the Cabinet field is now set to the Cabinet currently selected in the Nav pane.
- A cancel button is now provided on the Advanced Search page.
- A coversheet for scanning is now provided for a workspace.
- Column widths are now independent from each other for document and email lists.
- The "Clear fields" option on the Advanced Search has replaced the "Begin new Search".
- Fixed bug when on the Home page where email links were not functioning properly.
- Filter List views now provide the option of displaying Documents, Email, or Both.
- Folder List views now provide the option of displaying Documents, Email, or All.
- Document History addition - Record in history when a forced check in occurs.
- Document History addition - Record in history when a document is deleted.
- Document History addition - Record in history when a document version is deleted.
- A way to programmatically log out of an account has now been created.
- Fixed an issue with EMS Profiler when using Outlook 2013 that occurs in some cases when moving an email.
- Middle initial field on name is now supported with Federated Identity.
- ndExport now allows another export after a previous export has completed.
All NetDocuments client software can be installed at the same time as the Update or can be installed following the Update to ensure that the most recent version is installed. (Any previous versions of these add-ins should be removed prior to updating them). You should install the latest version of the client software so that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free software.
As with all of our client software, we only support the latest version available. If you experience an issue with the updated versions, please contact NetDocuments Support. If you are using an older version and experience issues, changes and fixes will be provided only for the most recently released version. If you encounter problems with a previous version, you will be required to update the software to resolve the issue. If you are working with Support related to a bug, you can get information related to the bug's status from your Support Case. Because of this normal interaction with Support, we do not include all of the bugs that have been fixed. You can also verify with the new Update whether an issue has been fixed or not in this Update. For the client software, however, we do include major changes and bug fixes to assist you when installing and implementing the new software.
For current versions of software that are not listed below, please see the related Help page. All available downloads and add-ins can be found under the Downloads and Integrations section.
- ActiveX - [ Only required to install if you are using ndOffice ] - msi version 2.1.3 - (includes neWebcl.dll - NeRemoteDoc Class v 18.104.22.168 and ndCrypto.dll - NetDocuments Cryptography Class v 22.214.171.124 which has not changed) - the 15.2 Update does NOT require a new version of the ActiveX add-on for Internet Explorer unless you are using ndOffice 1.5+. We recommend that you install the ActiveX at the same time you update to ndOffice 1.5. Learn how to Install the ActiveX
- ndOffice - ndOffice 1.5.x - supports Office 2010, SP2, 32-bit and Office 2013, 32-bit. We recommend all customers using ndOffice update to this version. The beta will be available starting May 7, with the official release of version 1.5 on May 26. After that time, you can download the software from Settings. We recommend that you initially deploy ndOffice to a small group of users to make sure it functions properly in your environment prior to implementing it for all of your users. Users who already have an earlier version of ndOffice installed will be prompted to install the update automatically (if they have notifications turned on.)
- Application Integrations – version 2.2.6 - Incorporated WIX installer technology. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- EMS Profiler – version 2.1.5 - Made changes to work better with Outlook 2013 and incorporated WIX installer technology. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- EMS Folders - version 3.5.1 - If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - Standard Version 2.1 - available on the App Store - includes bug fixes and ability to edit with MS Office Online. It also includes a new viewer for msg files. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - ND for Good Technology Version 2.1 - available on the App Store. See changes above. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- Local Document Server - version 3.7.4 - Various bug fixes. We recommend that you update to this newest version, if you are using the LD Server software.
- Desktop Scanner Connector - version 126.96.36.199 - this is used for scanning with TWAIN drivers. No changes were made to this software.
- ndOneClick for Windows - BETA - Windows version 188.8.131.52 - Provides functionality to automate opening and editing of documents.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner integration - version 1.0 - available for any ScanSnap with ScanSnap manager software. No change to this software. This can be downloaded from the Help Download page.
- Adobe Integration – version 184.108.40.206 - Supports Acrobat and Reader versions 10 and 11. Various bug fixes. Download the Adobe plug-in here.
- Folder Import tool - version 3.9.1 - No changes have been made since the last Update. If you use this tool, you should install the newest version.
- Mass Import tool - version 220.127.116.11 - International characters are now recognized. It now allows specification of a line number in which to start on an input file. If you use this tool, you should install the newest version.
- REST - Can now add an existing user to a repository either as an internal or external user
- REST - Allow wildcards in REST API URIs for force.com (e.g. *.force.com)
- REST - Allow the cache for Profile templates list and Security templates list to be bypassed.
- REST - Provide a command to Get the Cabinet administration setting: "Attachment naming pattern" value.
- REST - Retrieve the list of recently accessed documents. This should work similarly to retrieving the list of recently opened, recently edited, or recently added documents.
- REST - Can now change a document extension after the document has been created. The NetDocuments file extension cannot be changed.
- REST - can now purge folders, saved searches, and filters.
- REST - Get all recent list.
Support and Feedback
Comments, questions, suggestions, and problem reports are all welcome. Contact us at 1-866-NET-DOCS (638-3627) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a problem, please provide:
- Fully-detailed description of the problem, including the exact error message or screen shots
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- Error logs (if any)
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team