The next Update of the NetDocuments Service will be released on the evening of February 6, 2014 beginning at 11:59 PM Eastern time for the US datacenter. It will begin on February 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM London time for the EU datacenter. The 14.1 beta will be available after January 23, 2014. Please check below for information on the newest versions of the client software.
Among many other changes, there are three changes we want to highlight with this Update:
1. The 14.1 Update includes a complete re-design of all List View pages to incorporate columnar formatting as well as provide an easier method for Previewing emails and documents. These changes greatly improve the management of documents and emails and in particular the viewing of email messages. These changes should be intuitive for users, but you should consider providing some additional training as needed for your organization.
This change also includes a re-design of the Define Display Format dialog for list views. Users can define two separate formats for document list views and email list views:
NOTE: If you choose to display Snippets in your List Views, keep in mind that Snippets will only be displayed on search result pages, not in folders or on Recent Documents.
2. Full Federated Identity capability. This functionality allows those who are using Microsoft Directory Services to manage their NetDocuments user accounts via the Active Directory services. The same functionality is also available if you are using the Microsoft Azure Directory Services. If you are planning on using this new capability, please contact NetDocuments Support before you implement it, so that we can be aware of your plans and assist you as needed in your transition. Learn More about Federated Identity. This feature is accessed on the Advanced Authentication page:
3. A new login page. We have re-designed our login page to include more features to make logging in more seamless and user-friendly.
Clicking "Need login assistance?" will take users here:
There are several other minor but notable changes, as well as several bug fixes available in this Update. See the Highlighted Changes below for more information.
- Internet Explorer 11 is fully supported under Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
- Automated login now works with the ND2 (Mobile) browser interface in IE.
- Support for SAML 2.0 authentication with the new Federated Identity capability.
- If a description of a workspace attribute key is changed, the corresponding workspace name will automatically change if no manual changes have been made.
- The time stamp is now included on the Document Print list.
- NetDocuments now supports Payne Metadata Assistant version 4.0/4.1.
- The Folder Import Tool now allows up to 500 folders and 1000 documents to be imported at one time.
- Additional versions and document formats are now supported in the Preview feature including Office 2013 formats.
- For developers, additional improvements to the REST API are now available with this release. See below for more information. If you're developing using the REST API, please make sure you have the latest documentation here: https://netdocuments.zendesk.com/entries/22504626-API-Documentation
- You may now retrieve the server version number.
- You may now file a Saved Search to a parent, such as a workspace or folder.
- You may now use a non-HTTPS redirect URI exception for localhost.
- You now have the ability to file to filters.
- Attempting a PUT on a workspace access list will also create the workspace.
All client software can be installed at the same time as the Update or can be installed anytime following the Update to ensure that the most recent version is installed. We highly recommend that you always install the latest version of the client-side software so that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free software.
- Application Integrations – version 2.2.3 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- ndOffice - a new Office integration will be available for Office 2010 and 2013 a couple of months after the Update.
- EMS Profiler – version 1.8.5 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- EMS Folders - version 3.3.4 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - Standard Version 1.5.6 - Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - ND for Good Technology Version 1.5.6 - Miscellaneous bug fixes. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- Local Document Server - version 3.5.8 - this software has been updated with bug fixes.
- Desktop Scanner Connector - version 22.214.171.124 - this is used for scanning with TWAIN. Various bug fixes have been made.
- Adobe Integrations – version 2.3 - Supports Acrobat and Reader versions 10 and 11. Support for Version 9 will be dropped with this 14.1 Update because Adobe has ceased supporting it. If you are using version 8 or 9, please keep a copy of the old integrations if needed. If you are using the Adobe integrations, we recommend that you use this current version. Go to Settings, Application Settings to access the Marketplace link to download and install this add-on.
- Folder Import tool - version 3.8.8 - this tool has been updated with bug fixes. If you use this tool, we recommend that you use the new version.
- Mass Import tool - version 126.96.36.199 - this tool has been updated. If you use this tool, we recommend that you use the new version.