If you are using NetDocuments in Internet Explorer with the ActiveX add-on installed, you may encounter one or more of the following issues:
- The browser keeps logging me out of NetDocuments.
- Some of the buttons in NetDocuments do not respond, or do not appear at all - for example, the Upload button, the search bar, and Recent Docs lists.
- Some pages or panels do not display correctly - such as the left navigation pane, or the document details pane on the right.
- Pop-ups and light-box windows do not display correctly.
- IE gives a message saying it is blocking the website from displaying certain content.
First, we recommend using the latest version of IE available. NetDocuments supports IE versions 9, 10, and 11. IE 8 is no longer supported as of April 8, 2014.
You may also need to install Windows Updates.
Next, check your IE settings. See our Recommended IE Settings for more information on IE Settings.
Check for any unnecessary or unknown browser add-ons or malware that may be present. Go to Tools > Manage Add-ons or Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall any unfamiliar add-ons.
Finally, in most cases, resetting the browser will resolve your issue. A Browser Reset returns all IE settings to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. To Reset the browser:
- Close all Internet Explorer and Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, go to the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data. (This step is recommended by NetDocuments Support)
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, hit Close, and then hit OK.
- Exit and then start Internet Explorer.
If you are still experiencing issues, especially with the Workspace selector and search bar functions not responding, go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete (browsing history) and check all the boxes, except UNCHECK "Preserve Favorites Website data" and then re-start the browser.