If you need to completely uninstall the ActiveX add-on for Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
1) Close all of your IE browsers and close any Office applications.
2) Open the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and end any neNote.exe (NetDocuments Check-In List) processes. This process cannot be running when you perform the next steps.
3) Go to Start > Control Panel. Go to Programs and Features. Look for "NetDocuments Document Activation." If it is there, uninstall it.
4) Then, from both of these locations:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\NetDocuments
delete these files:
5) Open Internet Explorer and go to the login page and install the ActiveX when you are prompted.
NOTE: In Windows 8, Program Files is hidden and must be accessed via a command prompt with Admin privileges.