Adding a Saved Search to a workspace allows users to see a dynamic list of documents that is updated as documents are updated, based on the Saved Search's search criteria.
Learn more about Adding Saved Searches.
To create a Saved Search directly on a workspace summary view page:
- Go to Under Workspace Options, click Add Saved Search.
- Enter the Name of the Saved Search.
- Set the number of documents or items to show on the Workspace Summary View, without users having to click Next >>.
- Check the attributes that you want to show on this Saved Search. They will show in the order they are listed on this dialog. You can drag to re-order.
- Enter the search criteria. When you are first adding the Saved Search, you will need to go to a separate browser tab and define a Search Criteria that you will copy and paste into this Saved Search criteria field.
For example, if you wanted to create a Saved Search that would capture all email messages that have been assigned to a specific Client/Matter, you would do the following:
- Do a search by selecting All Cabinets, then select Email Only under File Extension.
- Click the Search button.
- Go to the top of the Search Results page and copy the Search Criteria.
- Paste it into the Search Criteria field of the Workspace Saved Search that you are defining.
NOTE: You do not need to include the Client and Matter in the search criteria because that is generated automatically by checking the box "Restrict search to the current workspace". Once the Saved Search has been created and you want to edit the criteria, you will need to click the name of the Saved Search on the Workspace, which will take you to the standard Saved Search interface for you to edit the search criteria under Saved Search Options.