To save a link:
- Go to Add > Link/URL:
- Select the type of link you want to save:
- Web page (URL) - link to a website.
- Local file - link to a file that is stored locally, on a network server, or on a shared drive. The file is not imported into NetDocuments.
- Local folder (requires ndClick 1.3.1 or higher) - link to a folder that is stored locally, on a network server, or on a shared drive. The folder is not imported into NetDocuments.
Note: It is recommended that linked files and folders be located in an accessible location (shared drive) and that UNC paths (\\server\share) be used instead of drive letters.
3. (Optional) Change the Link name that will appear in NetDocuments. This does not change the URL or the local file or folder name.
4. Select the location where you want the Link stored.
5. Click OK. The link is now stored in the selected location.
NOTE: When a link is created, it will inherit any profile values from the folder like other objects, but it does not require all profile fields to be completed since it is only a reference to a location where the content may not be permanent.