The next Update of the NetDocuments Service will be released on the evening of February 6, 2014, beginning at 11:59 PM Eastern time for the US datacenter. Updating will commence on February 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM London time for the EU datacenter. The 14.1 beta will be available after January 23, 2014. Please check below for information on the newest versions of the client software.
Among many other changes, there are a couple of changes we wanted to highlight with this Update.
1. Re-designed List View Pages The 14.1 Update includes a re-design of all List View pages to incorporate columnar formatting as well as provide an easier method for Previewing email and documents. These changes greatly improve the management and viewing of documents and email. These changes should be intuitive for users, but you should consider providing some additional training as needed for your organization.
2. Full Federated Identity capability This functionality allows those who are using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) 2.0 to manage their NetDocuments user accounts via the Active Directory services. The same functionality is also available if you are using the Microsoft Azure Active Directory (WAAD) Services. If you are planning on using this new capability, please contact NetDocuments Support before you implement it, so that we can be aware of your plans and assist as needed in your transition.
There are several other notable changes as listed below, as well as several bug fixes available in this Update. See the Release Notes below for more information.
This Update does NOT require a new Active X Update.
Please make sure you refresh your browser with Ctrl+F5 to clear any old cache.
See our 14.1 Release Notes article for more detailed information on the specific Update changes.
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team
14.1 Release Summary
User Interface related changes
- Changes were made to the design of the list view pages to show data in a columnar format.
- Sorting is now available by clicking on the column you wish to sort by.
- A Preview pane is now available along with the Document Details pane for email and documents.
- The Document Details/Preview pane width is now adjustable by the user.
- A simplified view is now provided for all list view pages with more flexibility in making adjustments to the display.
- Navigation pane has a more modern design and color scheme.
- The login page has been redesigned.
- Internet Explorer 11 is fully supported under Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
- Automated login now works with the ND2 (Mobile) browser interface.
- Support for SAML 2.0 authentication with the new Federated Identity capability.
- If a description of a workspace key is changed in the lookup table, the corresponding workspace name will automatically update if no manual changes have previously been made to the workspace name.
- The time stamp is now included on the Document Print list.
- NetDocuments now supports Payne Metadata Assistant version 4.0/4.1 in the Send to Applications dialog.
- The Folder Import Tool now allows up to 500 folders and 1000 documents to be imported at one time.
All client software can be installed at the same time as the Update or can be installed following the Update to ensure that the most recent version is installed. We highly recommend that you always install the latest version of the client-side software so that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free software. For current versions of software that is not listed below, please see the related Help page.
- Application Integrations – version 2.2.3 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- EMS Profiler – version 1.8.5 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- EMS Folders - version 3.3.4 - This software was not changed. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - Standard Version 1.5.6 - Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - ND for Good Technology Version 1.5.6 - Miscellaneous bug fixes. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- Local Document Server - version 3.5.8 - this software has been updated with bug fixes.
- Desktop Scanner Connector - version 22.214.171.124 - this is used for scanning with TWAIN. Various bug fixes have been made.
- Adobe Integrations – version 2.3 - Supports Acrobat and Reader versions 10 and 11. Support for Version 9 will be dropped with this 14.1 Update because Adobe has ceased supporting it. If you are using version 8 or 9, please keep a copy of the old integrations if needed. If you are using the Adobe integrations, we recommend that you use this current version. Go to Settings, Application Settings to access the Marketplace link to download and install this add-on.
- Folder Import tool - version 3.8.8 - this tool has been updated with bug fixes. If you use this tool, we recommend that you use the new version.
- Mass Import tool - version 126.96.36.199 - this tool has been updated. If you use this tool, we recommend that you use the new version.
- API Changes - Additional improvements to the REST and other APIs are available with this release. Please refer to the Release Notes for more detailed information.
For your information the new ndOffice integration we have previously publicized will be available with the 14.2 Update estimated to be in April/May timeframe for Office 2010 and Office 2013 will be supported in 14.3 in the July timeframe.