We are preparing the next Update for Beta Testing to start on April 11, 2013.
We welcome anyone who can spend time reviewing it and submitting any issues to take a look at it. We expect to release it on April 25, 2013 assuming that the beta testing goes well.
We thoroughly test every aspect of NetDocuments before each Update however, there could be a specific configuration of our product that is unique to your organization that we have not been able to test. Therefore, we ask that you take some time to review any special programs or settings that you use with NetDocuments to ensure it is working OK for you before it is released. Please refer to the Update notes which are included below.
If you participate in the Beta testing, please work with your NetDocuments Administrator and follow the information below. This Beta process is used each time we provide a new Update. When a new Update is getting close to being released, customers have an opportunity to access the Beta for a selected small set of users in their organization for a time period prior to the release of the Update. The Beta period provides feedback to us on potential problems or bugs and provides you an opportunity to see it work in your environment and to get familiar with any changes included in the Update. Typically, the Update will be released within a limited period of time after the start of the Beta period.
Please make sure you do a Control F5 on your browser to ensure any old cookies are removed.
To report bugs or items for the Beta, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have other questions as you look at the Beta, please go to support.netdocuments.com and create a ticket.
PROCEDURE TO ACCESS THE BETA
If you are using vault.netvoyage.com in the US datacenter, set your host file to include this line:
126.96.36.199 vault.netvoyage.com #scottsdale beta pool
For those using the EU Beta and are using eu.netdocuments.com in the EU datacenter, set your host file to include this line:
188.8.131.52 eu.netdocuments.com #UK Beta
Remember you must remove the Beta host information when 13.2 is released or you will not be able to login.
We recommend that you include as many testers as you feel you can manage. These should be individuals who use the product each day and are the type that would recognize a defect in the product if they encountered it and that would actively review some of the new features and report bugs when they are discovered.
We appreciate your willingness to participate in the beta testing process. NetDocuments reserves the right to modify the process at any time and to determine who may participate.
13.2 Update Notes
User Interface related changes
- The New button now creates a blank document and a dropdown menu is provided for other options.
- A refined Search ribbon adds a Recent email list and a quick email search using From, To, and Email date.
- New instructional tips are now shown under the Search ribbon in a wizard fashion to show new changes.
- All Search Results now show up to 10,000 items in groups of 500 to optimize the display of items.
- You can now copy more than one document at a time and apply various options to file and profile.
- The Move/Copy dialog provides an option to more easily file a document into more than one folder.
- Touch is now supported in NetDocuments on Windows 8 touch-enabled devices using IE10.
- Drag and drop from Windows 7/8 to NetDocuments folders and filters can now be used with IE10.
- EMS Profiler allows the Name (Subject) of the email to be changed before sending it to NetDocuments.
- Send to Application when using Workshare has been streamlined to simplify its usage.
- Document extensions are now shown on the document details panel for versions.
- The performance when displaying workspaces has been improved.
- The performance when displaying folders in EMS Folders has been improved.
- Profile values that are marked as closed now display in lookup tables when searching.
- Office 2013 is now supported with the newest Application Integrations.
- The Deliver feature now includes a record in the Consolidated Activity log when using the interface.
- REST API is now available to simplify the creation of 3rd-party Integrations with NetDocuments.
- Active X – no change
- Application Integrations – version 2.1.7 - Added support for Office 2013
- EMS Profiler – version 1.7.3 - You can now change the email ND Name (Subject) in NetDocuments
- EMS Folders - version 3.1.9 - Increased the display performance for Recent and Favorite workspaces
- Adobe Integrations – version 2.0 - Supports Acrobat and Reader through version 11. (available in Help)