The next Update of the NetDocuments Service will be released on the evening of October 3, 2013, beginning at 11:59 PM Eastern time for the US datacenter. It will begin on October 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM London time for the EU datacenter. The beta will be available after September 19, 2013. Please check below for the current versions of the client software.
This Update requires an update to the Active X client-side software. The Active X update can be pushed to devices and workstations as soon as one week prior to the release of the Update or can be installed from the browser by Users when the 13.4 Update is first accessed. Users will need to have sufficient local machine rights to install the Active X via the browser.
Please make sure you refresh your browser with Ctrl+F5 to clear any old cache.
We will publish a 13.4 Update Tips document with more detail which will be available in the Announcements section prior to the start of the beta. Please refer to it for more information on the specific Update changes.
With 13.4, we have an option under Help while on the Home page (in the top right of the screen) that goes directly to our Knowledgebase articles and other support resources. NetDocuments Support engineers constantly create and update these articles to provide timely solutions. Regularly utilizing the Knowledgebase will provide quick solutions for most issues. Enter a topic keyword and search.
Try these resources prior to contacting Support. We do enjoy talking with you, so if you don't find an answer, create a Support ticket and/or call us.
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team
13.4 Release Notes
User Interface related changes
- Add a NetDocuments folder from within Outlook using EMS Folders. This can be a folder under a workspace or any other cabinet folder.
- Users are no longer able to designate another version as the official version after digitally signing it.
- When a document is on Hold and a user chooses to copy it as a new version, the new version now becomes the official version by default and a checkbox has been added if the user doesn't want it to be the official version.
- In EMS Folders, a right click on Favorite Workspace folder will allow users to add a new workspace.
- In EMS Folders, a right click on a workspace folder will allow a user to open the workspace and also add a folder to the workspace.
- We now support keyboard commands (tab key) to access document options.
- For Cabinet Administrators, we now default Workspaces to have a 2 column view without the need to add pre-defined filters when setting up Workspace templates.
- The Help link is now a dropdown that also includes Support Resources when on the Home page. Please use that link as a quick tool to access the support resources available to all users including the Knowledgebase for quick answers and the Support Request system.
- On the Home page, we now provide a hover tip on filters showing the parent workspace name.
- Internet Explorer version 11 is now supported in the Windows 8.1 environment, except when using Auto-Login. Support for that feature will be added in the 14.1 update (January 2014 timeframe).
- The ND2 browser interface login page has been redesigned.
- We now support Windows Live Tiles with Windows 8.1 by showing the number of documents updated on a small tile and a few of the most recent documents on the larger tile format.
- Cabinet administrators can now select applications from the ND Marketplace to integrate with their NetDocuments cabinet. These applications will show up under the Send to Application document option.
- Various improvements to the REST API are now available with this release. If you're developing using the REST API, please make sure you have the latest documentation here: https://netdocuments.zendesk.com/entries/22504626-API-Documentation
The Active X plug-in can be installed prior to the Update if you choose, but we ask that you NOT install it any earlier than a week prior to the Update to ensure that you are installing the latest version unless you're beta testing. If it is not installed before the Update occurs, users will be prompted to install it via the browser when they first access the new Update. Users will need Windows local machine administrator rights to the computer to install the Active X themselves.
All other client software can be installed at any time with the Update or following the Update to ensure that the most recent version is installed. We highly recommend that you always install the latest versions of the client-side software so that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free software.
- Active X – Programs and features version is 1.9.6. This needs to be installed for all users using NetDocuments in Internet Explorer and/or with our integrations. The install file name is neWebcl.msi. The version for the DLL is 184.108.40.206.
- Application Integrations – version 2.2.3 - We recommend that you install this Update if you are using this add-on. Also, if you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- EMS Profiler – version 1.8.5 - We recommend that you install this Update if you are using this add-on. Also, if you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- EMS Folders - version 3.3.1 - Various bugs have been fixed. This client software can now be installed for the individual user or for anyone, which is similar to the EMS Profiler installer. You can also right click on a workspace and open the workspace and add a folder to the workspace. You can also click on the favorite workspace folder and add a workspace. These options are available for Outlook 2010 and 2013. You also have the same options at the top of the page under the EMS Folders tab. We recommend that you install this Update if you are using this add-on. Also, if you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, we recommend you install the newest version.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - Standard Version 1.5.5 - select multiple documents or folders and filters for offline mode and retain the grouping for subsequent removal. There may be a newer version that supports workspaces better prior to the release of 13.4. Check your iOS device because the update schedule is independent of the main Service Update.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - ND for Good Technology Version 1.5.5 - in addition to miscellaneous fixes, if you select a document for offline mode, and then close the app, turn on airplane mode, re-open the app, then the offline list is empty, even though it tells the user that you must go to the offline list to view your documents. There may be a newer version that supports workspaces better prior to the release of 13.4. Check your iOS device because the update schedule is independent of the main Service Update.
- Local Document Server - version 3.5.2 - this software has been updated with bug fixes and support for .NET 4.0.
- Desktop Scanner Connector - version 220.127.116.11 - this is used for scanning with TWAIN. Various bug fixes have been made.
- Adobe Integrations – version 2.1 - Supports Acrobat and Reader versions 9, 10 and 11. No changes have been made for this client software. If you are using the Adobe integrations, we recommend that you use this current update if you aren't. Go to Settings, Application Settings to access the Marketplace link to download and install this add-on.
- Folder Import tool - version 3.8.7 - this tool has been updated with bug fixes. If you use this tool, we recommend that you use the new version.
- Mass Import tool - version 18.104.22.168 - this tool has been updated. Older versions will not work after the 13.4 Update on October 3, 2013. You will need to use this new version for it to work after the Update.