We are excited to announce the next Update for the NetDocuments Service, which is planned for the following times:
US datacenter: October 1, 2015 at 11:59 PM US Eastern time (4:59 AM London or 3:59 AM UTC).
EU datacentre: October 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM London time (9:00 PM UTC).
AU datacentre: October 2, 2015 at 2:00 AM Australian Eastern Time (4:00 PM UTC).
The 15.4 beta testing period starts September 10, 2015. See our Beta Announcement for more information. As always during a beta test, issues may be found which may require us to adjust the actual release date of the Update.
Planned Subsequent Update
For your planning purposes, the next Update for NetDocuments (version 16.1) is planned for February 4, 2016. We will inform you if this plan changes as we get closer to the date. We are providing this information to assist you as much as possible in your planning and administration of the NetDocuments Service for your organization.
No ActiveX Install Required
An ActiveX update is NOT required for the 15.4 Update.
ndOffice customers only: Refer to the ndOffice Update Notes for information on the 1.6 version release schedule.
Discontinuance of older .NET software
ndOffice 1.6 version does not support older versions of the Microsoft .NET software. As of the release of ndOffice 1.6, .NET version 4.5.2 or newer will be required. We recommend all customers install the new .NET as soon as can be done, because Microsoft is discontinuing the older versions of .NET as of January 2016. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/framework_faq
Please refer to the Update and Beta Procedures article in the Announcements section for more detailed information on the update process at NetDocuments.
Please check the information below on the newest versions of other client software with this Update. We strongly recommend that you update all client software. All client software other than ndOffice should be updated no sooner than one week prior to the 15.4 Update.
This Update includes many adjustments and additions in the underlying technology to supply improved security and more robust handling of documents. These changes include numerous security options customers are requiring in today's secure-centric environment. These advancements will continue to be made through the first part of 2016. They also pave the way for the introduction of the new searching in the first part of 2016. Our goal is to continue to introduce key functionality with a security level greater than other vendors can provide and continue to remain in the forefront of addressing security needs being required by customers today.
This Update includes logging capability for Administration functions as part of those security improvements. We also have provided a much requested option to collapse workspace sections. We encourage you to become acquainted with the changes prior to the release of the Update, so you are ready when the Update is released. You are also welcome to beta test the 15.4 Update starting on September 10, 2015.
Items listed in these Update Notes are subject to change prior to the actual Update being released.
Collapse/Expand Workspace Summary View - This feature allows users to collapse the organizing containers (filters, folders, etc.) on a workspace summary view.
Administrative Activity Log - Similar to the Consolidate Activity Log, this feature allows Repository Administrators to request a log detailing the administrative changes made by other administrators.
The ndOneClick feature will continue in Beta phase pending additional testing. This feature is designed to give users a one-click method to automatically check out documents without the ActiveX add-on for IE. It is available for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, on both Windows and Mac OS. Learn more about ndOneClick.
Please make sure you refresh your browser with Ctrl+F5 to clear any old cache after the Update.
All NetDocuments client software can be installed during the week prior to the release of 15.4 or can be installed after the Update to ensure that the most recent version is installed. (Any previous versions of these add-ins should be removed prior to updating them). You should install the latest version of the client software so that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free software.
As with all of our client software, we only support the latest version available. We strongly recommend that you download and install the latest version of each add-in client that you are using.
Prior versions will NOT be supported and use of them may result in errors or possibly data loss in some instances. If you experience an issue with an updated version, please contact NetDocuments Support. If you are using an older version and experience issues, please understand that changes and fixes will be provided only for the most recently released version. If you encounter problems with a previous version, you will be required to update the software to resolve the issue. If you are working with Support related to a bug, you can get information related to the bug's status from your Support Case. Because of this normal interaction with Support, we do not describe all of the bugs that have been fixed in an Update. You can also verify a bug fix with the new Update by testing a feature to see whether an issue has been fixed or not. For the client software, however, we do include major changes and major bug fixes to assist you when installing and implementing the new software.
For current versions of client software not listed below, please see the Download Help page. All available downloads and add-ins can be found under the Downloads and Integrations section.
- ActiveX - [ No changes ] - msi version 2.1.5 - (includes neWebcl.dll - NeRemoteDoc Class v 126.96.36.199 and ndCrypto.dll - NetDocuments Cryptography Class v 188.8.131.52) - the 15.4 Update does NOT require a new version of the ActiveX add-on for Internet Explorer.
- ndOffice - ndOffice 1.6.x [see the ndOffice 1.6 beta announcement and Update Notes for detailed information] - supports Office 2010, SP2, 32-bit and Office 2013, 32-bit. ndOffice 1.7 will be released later in October 2015. It is planned to have beta support for Office 2016 in the ndOffice 1.7 version. Office 2016 will be fully supported in version 1.8 early in 2016. We recommend all customers using ndOffice update to the 1.6 version now that it is available. You can download the new version from the Download Section in Help. We recommend that you initially deploy ndOffice to a small group of users to make sure it functions properly in your environment prior to installing it for all of your users. Users who already have an earlier version of ndOffice installed will be prompted to install the update automatically (if notifications are enabled and are allowed by the Administrator.)
- NOTE: ndOffice version 1.6 requires Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 or newer. Learn more about Updating ndOffice.
- Application Integrations – version 2.2.6 - No new changes. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- EMS Profiler – version 2.1.6 - Bug fixes. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- EMS Folders - version 3.5.2 - Bug fixes. If you have experienced any issues with this add-on in the past, you should install the newest version.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - Standard Version 2.1.6 - available on the App Store - includes bug fixes. It also includes a new viewer for msg files. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- IOS App Update for iPad and iPhone - ND for Good Technology Version 2.1.6 - available on the App Store. See changes above. Check your iOS device for updates since that update schedule is independent of the main NetDocuments Service Update.
- Local Document Server - version 3.7.7 - Various bug fixes. We recommend that you update to this newest version, if you are using the LD Server software.
- Desktop Scanner Connector - version 184.108.40.206 - This is used for scanning with TWAIN drivers. No changes were made to this software.
- ndOneClick for Windows - Windows version 220.127.116.11 - Provides functionality to automate opening and editing of documents when not using ActiveX.
- ndOneClick for MAC - MAC version 18.104.22.168 - Provides functionality to automate opening and editing of documents when not using ActiveX..
- Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner integration - version 1.0 - available for any ScanSnap with ScanSnap manager software. No change to this software. This can be downloaded from the Help Download page.
- Adobe Integration – version 22.214.171.124 - Supports Acrobat and Reader versions 10, 11, and 12 (DC). Various bug fixes. Download the Adobe plug-in.
- Folder Import tool - version 3.9.1 - No changes have been made since the last Update. If you use this tool, you should install the newest version.
- Mass Import tool - version 126.96.36.199 - Bug fixes. If you use this tool, you should install a new version each time you use it, to ensure you have the latest version.
- REST - Allow removing the date value of a custom date field that is set to default to the current date.
- REST - Get list of documents based on Server mod
- REST - New workspace folder appears in the top-level folder list temporarily.
- REST - Checkedoutby on list view now.
Support and Feedback
Comments, questions, suggestions, and problem reports are all welcome. Contact us at 1-866-NET-DOCS (638-3627) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a problem, please provide:
- Fully-detailed description of the problem, including the exact error message or screen shots
- Detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- Error logs (if any)
We thank you for all of your input and feedback and we appreciate your using the NetDocuments Service.
The NetDocuments Team