Table of Contents
- General Overview
- Web Administrative Dashboard
- Installation and Configuration
- Synchronization Service
- SQL Database
NetDocuments ndMirror is a paid add-in service connected to a customer’s repository. ndMirror backs up data and metadata to a local server or network drive. Its primary purposes are for disaster recovery and to facilitate external searching. Metadata is stored in SQL databases, which offer access to metadata for queries.
The documents are stored on the customer’s file system in their native format, along with a SQL database that contains document profile data, such as document name, file format, creator, creation date, last modified user and date, the document ACL, and all other configuration attributes defined by the customer.
The documents are stored in the customer’s local file system using a scheme defined by the customer that dynamically folders the documents in a folder structure based on the documents’ profile attributes.
Integrate ndMirror with an external searching application to provide a way of searching against the local storage system, hence the name mirror. It is a one-way synchronization service, it is simply a locally-stored reflection of the online data.
Note: ndMirror is designed as a replacement to the current Local Document Service, and is a paid add-on to your NetDocuments Service Subscription. Please contact NetDocuments Sales for more information.
ndMirror requires the following software and hardware requirements.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1; Windows 10; Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit; Windows Server 2016 64bit.
- Microsoft .NET 4.6+
- SQL Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, or SQL Server 2016
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- CPU and Memory - Minimum required for the Windows OS you are using.
- Sufficient disk space is required to store all documents locally from your online cabinets. As your online storage grows, your local storage space needs to also grow.
In order to install ndMirror, you need:
- administration rights on the computer, the SQL Server, and to the file system
- a NetDocuments repository administrator and have rights to the NetDocuments Cabinet (to mirror)
- a server or data storage location
Note: ndMirror is a client-side agent that manages the storage location and related database.
ndMirror is a paid add-on. If you've already purchased ndMirror or LDS you can use this link to download and install. Otherwise, contact Sales to purchase to add this to your subscription.
We strongly recommend that you set up the full version of SQL and not the express version as the express version limits the amount of space.
Download ndMirror at https://apps.netdocuments.com/apps/ndMirror/ndMirrorSetup-220.127.116.1123.zip